- ATI multi-GPU technology heads for Computex
This fresh report over at The Inquirer sparked some interest which i'm sure many of you will raise an eyebrow to. ATI certainly have no intention of sitting back at Computex and letting NVIDIA have an easy ride this year, not only will we witness their highly anticipated R520 GPU in action at the event, but also a new motherboard chipset allowing for a couple of ATI cards to be whacked into "multi-GPU" mode (not unlike NVIDIA's SLI).
Plenty to look forward to! We'll be attending each and every day of this huge event, and intend not to miss a thing as we bring you all the most explosive coverage live.
ATI will have multi-GPU technology, R520 and a new motherboard chipset on show at Computex this year, the INQ has discovered. Our secret moles in Canada, who have been posing as mounties whilst extracting information from our top-secret sources about the new releases in Taiwan.
And, from the Bosnian wilds, our Fudo confirmed that the company plans to reveal this marchitecture at Computex, as many of ATI's motherboard partners will present their design wins there. We suspect that the motherboard will feature an updated version of the RS200 chipset, possibly featuring a faster graphics core.
We do know that ATI's Multi-GPU uses two different modes of rendering an image; first one is chess-board tile rendering while second one is AFR (Alternate Frame Rendering). We can also confirm that you will be able to use X800 and X850 PCIe cards that you acquired before, in ATI's new board, though you may have to utter a prayer or two.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- IPTV: Television on Demand @ Bonafide Reviews
- Samsung SyncMaster 915N TFT-LCD Monitor @ ModTheBox
- 512MB GeForce 6800 Ultra SLI Action @ GamePC
- Budget Battle: HyperMemory vs. TurboCache @ Anandtech
- XFX 512Mb 6800 Ultra @ VR-Zone
- ASUS Tests Dual GeForce 6800 GT Graphics Card @ XBit Labs
- ASUS Extreme AX800XL-2DTV @ Viperlair