- CATALYST 5.4 Drivers Released
ATI have just compiled their final build of the new 5.4 CATALYST drivers for distribution. The biggest highlight amongst the usual array of fixes and tweaks would have to be that of the new HDTV wizard (as shown in the screenie below), although obviously only useful for those who connect their cards up to HDTV capable outputs.
You can get to the official release notes on the new 5.4 CATALYSTS here for further details.
Oh, and if you're wondering what sort of performance increases these new drivers bring, what better way to find out than to check out our fresh comparison article today! Origo3D also have one up for you to check out as well.
We have just posted the 4th official certified CATALYST software package for 2005. This time CATALYST version 5.4 delivers the following:
1) Updates to WHQL (no asterisks here)CATALYST driver for Windows XP and Windows 2000
1A) Updates to CATALYST CONTROL CENTER for WindowsXP and Windows 2000 (If you have your PC hooked up to an HDTV, or if you want to try that scenario make sure you download this and check out the new HDTV Wizard) - Check out the email attachment for a screen shot of it.
2) Initial Microsoft Certified (WHQL) driver for Windows XP x64 Edition - with some pretty good performance gains from our beta drivers
3) Updates to CATALYST Linux driver - with lots of good fixes
4) Updates to CATALYST - Multimedia Center software - the legacy of ATI's video software keeps getting stronger.
- HIS Launch AGP X850XT IceQ II TURBO
It was recently mentioned that ATI would be producing AGP variants of their latest high-end RADEON lineup of graphics cards, and soon after we see HIS kick off an AGP version based on the flagship X850XT GPU. I'm sure many people will be glad to know ATI are still catering to their non-PCIe based setups, and thankfully HIS can see there's still demand for such cards too. To see the supporting press release on the new AGP X850XT IceQ II TURBO, grab the DOC file here folks. The product page can also be found at this section of HIS's website.
HIS releases another innovation from its award-winning line of HIS IceQ II series for AGP platform, it provides the best features and the highest performance graphic solution among any other X850XT AGP solution. The HIS X850XT IceQ II TURBO boosts graphic card performance through its proprietary iTURBO overclocking technology. With its iTURBO overclocking software, users are able to stably increase and maximize Radeon X850XT's performance. In addition, the X850XT IceQ II TURBO features Ice-Blue UV Sensitive effect casing. The HIS IceQ II TURBO also has a noise level less than 20dB. Such unique qualities make the HIS X850XT IceQ TURBO the best graphic solution choice for your AGP system.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- ATI TV Wonder Elite @ ByteSector
- Thermaltake Kandalf @ InsaneTek
- Danger Den Maze4 AMD Waterblock @ GideonTech
- Custom Airbrushed Lian Li V1000 Giveaway @ Gruntville
- RCA Scenium HD61THW263 HDTV @ Designtechnica
- Coolmax CP 400t PSU @ Creative Mods
- NVIDIA's nForce4 SLI Intel Edition chipset @ Tech Report
- Ultra Products 80mm Glossy Fan @ CaseModGod
- CMass Confusion Rules the Graphics Market @ CoolTechZone
- Is DVD-Audio or Super Audio CD (SACD) In Your Future? @ eCoustics