The install size for Halo 5: Guardians has been spotted, and if you're an avid Xbox one gamer you might want to shell out for an external HDD or delete some games to make space.
Halo 5 will take up 46.19 GB of the Xbox One's memory, making it the console's eighth largest game to date. This means that Halo 5 will take approximately 12.7% of the Xbox One's 500GB hard-drive, which actually only has 362GB available. The lack of storage space is one of the major frustrations in this current generation of gaming, and as time goes by, it'll only get worse and worse.
If that wasn't enough, 343 Industries will likely roll out a day one patch to soak up even more gigabytes, so we might be looking at a 50GB+ install size just like the ill-fated Master Chief Collection. Gamers are already having to swap and re-install and download games in order to maintain space, and both Sony and Microsoft have attempted to put a band aid on the storage limitations with their respective 1TB PlayStation 4's and limited edition 1TB Halo 5 Xbox One, but they're just delaying the inevitable.
Finder has accumulated a list of the top storage-hungry games of our generation, and it still surprises me how publishers and console-makers didn't prepare for this scenario.
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection - 62.740
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - 55.690
- Grand Theft Auto V - 49.030
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - 48.970
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III - 48.970
- NBA 2K15 - 7-Oct-14 - 46.610
- Battlefield Hardline - 46.240
- Halo 5: Guardians - 46.19
- Forza Motorsport 6 - 45.860
- Dragon Age: Inquisition - 45.250