- ASUS Vento 3600 Case
I've seen some pretty "out there" case designs in recent times, but ASUS's recently introduced "Vento 3600" series chassis has got to be one of the most eye-catching i've seen. Hell, if you strapped some mini-mag wheels to the bottom of this thing and a fake PVC exhaust out the rear? you'd swear it would be capable of reaching 0 to 60 in 3 seconds flat!
Certainly an acquired taste we're looking at here, but beyond aesthetics there's always another story to tell in pre-modded cases. PCStats are glad to have scored some playtime with the VENTO and show us the mixed bag of swish and not so swish features that this mezmerising case has to offer.
While we here at PCSTATS pride ourselves on being mostly immune to trends, a few of these cases have managed to catch even our jaded eye, and today we're going to look at one of the most striking of them all.
It was while striding through the ASUS exhibit at Computex 2004 in Taipei that we first noticed the Vento 3600 case. Something about its looks captured our imagination. Beyond merely housing a computer, the Vento seemed to be begging us to leap onto it, fire up the engines and shoot off through the trees of Endor, dodging Imperial Scouts as we went... yes, it looked pretty cool. It was also behind glass, so we couldn't play with it.
Well, we've finally got our hands on one of these cases, so it's time to see if cold, hard reality measures up to the 'wow' factor that the Vento 3600 case evoked in us.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- EVGA e-GeForce 6600GT PCI-E SLI @ AMDGamer
- Syntax Olevia LT30HV @ DesignTechnica
- Seagate's Barracuda 7200.8 hard drive @ Tech Report
- Dell Axim X50v Pocket PC @ The TechZone
- Titan Vanessa S-Type air cooler heatsink @ A1 Electronics
- Wisetechusa UV IDE/SATA Cable Roundup @ Controlled-Insanity
- NEC's Valuestar G Liquid-Cooled Desktop @ FrostyTech
- HyperTransport speed and Overclocking @ Neoseeker
- Interview with AMD's Fred Weber - The Future of AMD Microprocessors @ Anandtech
- ATI R520 "Fudo" has 24 plus pipelines @ The Inquirer