- Latency Settings and their Impact on Memory Performance
To help people better understand the principles behind latency timings in common memory modules along with the influences these varying timings have on system performance, Corsair have constructed an in-depth PDF application note which goes right over the whole subject of memory timings, what they mean, and how overall performance is affected. For those of you who wish to get a better understanding in the world of memory timings, this is a Very well written and easy to grasp guide.
Memory modules are currently available which support a wide variety of different speeds and latency settings. Speed is easy to understand - in general, faster is better. But what do the latency settings mean? And, what impact do they have on memory performance? This paper will provide a brief background on latency settings and what they mean. Then, we will move to the lab, where we will run a suite of benchmarks over a wide variety of latency settings, and we will measure the impact of these settings on benchmark scores.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- PolarFLO Audio Chat Posted @ Bens Custom Cases
- Actiontec VoIP Phone Wizard for Skype @ TechIMO
- Gigabyte GV-3D1 @ AMDZone
- Sorell SF2000 512mb MP3 player @ AMDZone
- Sound Isolation and Noise Control @ eCoustics
- Growth of Linux in Business and Governments @ CooltechZone
- The Other DTV @ DesignTechnica
- Edge Tech DiskGo! Thumbdrive @ YetiReviews
- Boise's 'Old Skool' LAN Party @ ClubOC
- Seagate Barracuda 400GB 7200.8 Hard Drives @ ClubOC
- Voice over IP for Beginners @ The TechZone
- ABS Ultimate E2 Media Center PC @ CoolTechzone
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.