- Abit's Fatal1ty AN8 motherboard
ABIT's latest enthusiast motherboard to be sold under the "Fatal1ty" label is one which finally heads into AMD territory, make welcome for ABIT's classy Fatal1ty AN8 motherboard where uGuru meets nForce4 Ultra. The TechReport get their mits on this puppy for some quality playtime today, proving it 'aint all too shabby for the most part, but I have to say... erm, where's our SLI variant Mr. ABIT?
ABIT FIRST INTRODUCED its Fatal1ty-branded motherboard line with the Intel 925XE-based Fatal1ty AA8XE. Given the Pentium 4 platform's comparably poor gaming performance, that probably wasn't the greatest idea. After all, the Fatal1ty brand squarely targets gamers and enthusiasts who know better than to covet Pentium 4 motherboards.
It seems that Abit now knows better, too. They've bolstered the Fatal1ty lineup with the Fatal1ty AN8 motherboard for Athlon 64 processors. With a 939-pin socket, nForce4 Ultra chipset, temperature-controlled OTES cooling, and a loaded uGuru-powered BIOS, the Fatal1ty AN8 could be the ultimate Athlon 64 platform for gamers, overclockers, and enthusiasts. Read on to see if it was worth the wait.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- ATI TV Wonder Elite @ Viperlair
- Intel Developers Forum and Game Developers Conference Report @ The TechZone
- Abit's Fatal1ty AN8 motherboard @ TechReport
- HiFi headphone review featuring Airhead and Bithead amplifiers @ Arstechnica
- Editorial: DDR Development Continues On 600MHz and Up @ CooltechZone
- Thermaltake Kandalf full tower computer case @ A1-Electronics
- FireWire 1814 18-in/14-out FireWire Audio/MIDI Interface w/ ADAT Lightpipe @ TweakNews
- Logitech MX518 Gaming Mouse @ TechGage
- Corsair Flash Voyager 512MB @ Everything USB
- Toshiba TDP-SW20 Wireless DLP Projector @ Trusted Reviews
- Understanding the Cell Microprocessor @ Anandtech
- Microsoft yielding to IE standards pressure? @ News.com
- Intel's Wireless MMX2 to Boost Video, Audio Applications for Handsets @ XBit Labs