- ASUS Unveil New CB-5216A Optical Drive
ASUSTek have released their latest "CB-5216A" optical drive today, a CD-RW unit capable of 52X write and 32X re-write speeds which puts it in a league amongst few others. The CB-5216A incorporates innovative technologies exclusively from ASUS, including FlextraLink, FlextraSpeed, DDSS II and CAV (constant angular velocity) writing strategy for a perfect combination of flexibility, high-quality recording and reliable operation. ASUS provide details on what each of these technologies do along with a full listing of specs within their supporting press release folks.
With innovative technologies, the CD rewriter provides leading-edge data storage capabilities. FlextraLink prevents buffer underrun problems and eliminates the creation of unusable discs, while FlextraSpeed enhances accuracy and reliability when writing and rewriting across a broad range of certified media. Throughout the recording process, FlextraLink consistently keeps track of the data buffer status, whereas FlextraSpeed continously monitors the recording media and sets the most effective writing speed to ensure top-quality recording. Both ASUS proprietary technologies occupy minimal system resources, allowing the PC to remain fully operational and available for other applications even during the recording process.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 3100 @ The TechZone
- XG X-Case PC Case @ ap0calypse
- ATI Radeon X850XT-Platinum Edition @ Viperlair
- SkyHawk IceQ IMC6375 Mini BareBone Review Part 1 @ Gruntville
- Motherboard Basics @ BigBruin
- ATI All-In-Wonder X800 XT @ Hot Hardware
- Z-Axis Heatsink Technology @ FrostyTech
- SLI Bridge Available in Retail @ XBit Labs