- ASUS Unveil New CB-5216A Optical Drive
ASUSTek have released their latest "CB-5216A" optical drive today, a CD-RW unit capable of 52X write and 32X re-write speeds which puts it in a league amongst few others. The CB-5216A incorporates innovative technologies exclusively from ASUS, including FlextraLink™, FlextraSpeed™, DDSS II and CAV (constant angular velocity) writing strategy for a perfect combination of flexibility, high-quality recording and reliable operation. ASUS provide details on what each of these technologies do along with a full listing of specs within their supporting press release folks.
With innovative technologies, the CD rewriter provides leading-edge data storage capabilities. FlextraLink™ prevents buffer underrun problems and eliminates the creation of unusable discs, while FlextraSpeed™ enhances accuracy and reliability when writing and rewriting across a broad range of certified media. Throughout the recording process, FlextraLink™ consistently keeps track of the data buffer status, whereas FlextraSpeed™ continously monitors the recording media and sets the most effective writing speed to ensure top-quality recording. Both ASUS proprietary technologies occupy minimal system resources, allowing the PC to remain fully operational and available for other applications even during the recording process.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 3100 @ The TechZone
- XG X-Case PC Case @ ap0calypse
- ATI Radeon X850XT-Platinum Edition @ Viperlair
- SkyHawk IceQ IMC6375 Mini BareBone Review Part 1 @ Gruntville
- Motherboard Basics @ BigBruin
- ATI All-In-Wonder X800 XT @ Hot Hardware
- Z-Axis Heatsink Technology @ FrostyTech
- SLI Bridge Available in Retail @ XBit Labs