- CATALYST 5.3 is now available
For all you ATI peeps, ATI have just kicked up the new CATALYST 5.3s for you to nab off their site. The major focus of this release is on the introduction of new features (the most significant being full OpenGL 2.0 support) and improved quality, also implemented this time around is a new build of their OVERDRIVE overclocking feature.
Oh, and if you're looking for some early performance figures with the new drivers Vs the old, Origo3D have thrown up a comparison article for us today.
The CATALYST(tm) Software Suite 5.3 introduces OpenGL Version 2.0 support. This version of OpenGL will be in line with the latest GL ARB approved specifications. New to this specification are GLSL, non-power-of-two-textures, separate stencil, multiple render targets, and point sprites.
The CATALYST(tm) Software Suite 5.3 introduces the latest version of OVERDRIVE(tm). OVERDRIVE 4 includes a new 3D test and extra safety checks to ensure the best over-clocking experience - allowing manual over-clocking of both engine and memory while keeping the user's graphics card safe from any of the dangers associated with conventional over clocking utilities.
- Crucial Launches RADEON X850 XT Graphics Card
Crucial have further extended their recent entry into the graphics card market today, announcing their own flavour of ATI's flagship RADEON X850 XT video card. All the details within their official PR.
Meridian, Idaho, March 9, 2005 - Crucial Technology, a division of Micron and one of the world's largest direct memory-upgrade providers, today announces immediate availability of the Crucial(R) RADEON(TM) X850 XT 256MB PCI Express(TM) graphics card powered by ATi(R). This leading-edge graphics card delivers an unparalleled gaming experience, featuring:
- PCI Express 16X technology with 16 parallel pixel pipeline utilization
- 256-bit quad-channel GDDR3 memory interface
- Power-throttling technology for cooler running temperature
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- DHT-819C 5.1 Channel Surround Sound Speakers @ BigBruin
- asetek VapoChill LightSpeed [AC] @ Viperlair
- Thermaltake Beetle Heatsink @ Insanetek
- Hiper Type R Black Label & Silver Label 480W PSU @ PimpRig
- Xtrac Hybrid Mouse Pad @ Mikhailtech
- Editorial: IBM/Lenovo: The Real Beneficiaries @ DesignTechnica
- IDEMA Network Storage Conference 2005 Report @ The TechZone