- ATI's Radeon Xpress Emerges
ATI have officially announced their new Radeon Xpress 200M chipset for mobile AMD systems today. The chipset highlights are PCI-Express support (along with an onboard DirectX9 PCIe graphics solution), advanced power saving techniques, and extended support for AMD's upcoming "Turion", a processor not talked about too much yet but it looks to be AMD's equivilent of Intel's own Pentium-M, making the new Radeon Xpress 200M platform from ATI/AMD a direct competitor to Centrino. The full press release over at ATI's website.
MARKHAM, Ontario--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 17, 2005-- ATI Technologies Inc. (TSX:ATY) (NASDAQ:ATYT), the world leader for notebook PC graphics, today announced the introduction of RADEON® XPRESS™ 200M - the industry's first integrated PCI Express DirectX 9 chipset for AMD (NYSE: AMD) processor-based notebook PCs. Designed to support a range of form factors, RADEON XPRESS 200M delivers industry-leading RADEON graphics and POWERPLAY 5.0 power management for a best-in-class mobile user experience. Flexible in design, RADEON XPRESS 200M supports all currently available Mobile AMD Athlon™ 64 processors and Mobile AMD Sempron™ processors. Due to its power management functionality, RADEON XPRESS 200M is ideally suited for thin and light notebooks powered by forthcoming AMD Turion™ 64 mobile technology.
RADEON XPRESS 200M for AMD will be available from such leading OEMs and ODMs as HP, Sharp, Medion, Acer, Targa, Gateway, NEC, Mitac, Arima, MSI, Compal, Quanta and Wistron.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Mushkin PC3700 1GB DC Kit @ InsaneTek
- Creative P7800 7.1 Speakers @ xHardware Reviews
- Soltek SL-K890Pro-939 Motherboard @ Viperlair
- Titan Vanessa Type-L CPU Cooler @ Hi-Tech Reviews
- Logitech Cordless Desktop LX500 @ BigBruin
- XG Sidewinder Gamer Case @ XtremeResources
- Are consoles overtaking PCs? @ Tekbunker
- Kingston Data Traveler 1GB @ EverythingUSB
- Altec Lansing XA2021 Speakers @ CoolTechZone
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.