- NVIDIA Delivers GeForce 6 Series for AGP-Based Systems
The NVIDIA guns have just officially announced an AGP flavour of their budget gaming graphics card, the GeForce 6200. These cards are said to become available from leading add-in card manufacturers sometime in February. Further details below.
NVIDIA has extended the world-renowned GeForce 6 Series architecture and performance into the value PC segment of AGP-based PCs with the introduction of the NVIDIA GeForce 6200 AGP graphics processing unit (GPU). The GeForce 6200 GPUs offer best-in-class performance in the value segment by taking the GeForce 6 graphics architecture, which has been described as the most advanced in the world, top-to-bottom in the NVIDIA product line-up.
GeForce 6200 GPUs are the only graphics processors in the value segment that support Microsoft DirectX 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 which is being used to develop ultra-realistic, next-generation DirectX 9.0 games. Only NVIDIA GPUs offer NVIDIA UltraShadow II technology to deliver blazing speeds on next-generation, shadow-intensive games such as Doom 3. GeForce 6 Series of GPUs also feature NVIDIA PureVideo, the industry's first GPU-based programmable video processing engine for stunning, high-definition video playback. Backed by the NVIDIA ForceWare software suite and Unified Driver Architecture (UDA), the GeForce 6200 GPUs ensure industry-renowned compatibility and reliability for a great user experience.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- ASUS Star Ice Cooler @ Viperlair
- Danger Den MCT-5 and MCT-40 Nonconductive Cooling Fluid @ PimpRig
- Sunbeamtech Samurai Case @ Overclockers Online
- Epox BT-HS02 Bluetooth Wireless Headset @ TweakNews
- CoolRiver Cool Gate Case @ PC Inpact (Translated)
- Samsung CLP-550 colour laser printer @ Trusted Reviews
- ViewSonic NextVision N3000w 30in TFT TV/Display @ Trusted Reviews
- 64 bits for desktop PCs @ OC-Service
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.