- Commodore 64 Reincarnated!
For those of you old enough to remember the good ole' days of the Commodore 64, you'll quite easily recollect it to have been a huge breakthrough in the way of home computing and entertainment, and I mean HUGE. In fact, it was so influential on the path leading to where we are today that after a whole 23 years since it's birth a company has decided to re-release this lil' ole gaming wonder in quite a remarkable and well thought out form. Read on for the full scoop here folks.
Supporting images are shown in the previous news posting (further down). Sorry about the screwup there, i'm unable to fix it at the moment due to an editing issue.
Leading on-line gadget specialist, Gadgets.co.uk has today announced the launch of the £29.99 (inc vat) Commodore 64 "Direct to TV" unit, a re-launch of the world's biggest selling home computer.
The product, packing 30 games, is Commodore branded and utilises the actual operating system used on the original Commodore 64. The games are not just replicas of the originals - they actually are the originals. The controller (also containing the computer's electronics and a compartment for the 4 AA batteries that power it) is a replica of the recognisable Competition Pro 5000 Joystick - and plugs directly into a TV for instant fun at home or away!
The Commodore 64 (also known as C64) was the biggest selling home computer in world history and has unparalleled heritage as a groundbreaking games and home-use personal computer.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- HDMI Falls Short On Audio - For Now @ DesignTechnica
- Geek Chic: The Dawning of Wearable Tech @ FutureLooks
- Dual 425Mhz CPUs in 20GB USB Hard Drive @ Everything USB
- Basic Applied Cryptography @ The TechZone
- NVIDIA GeForce 6200 @ Beyond3D
- Reasons to Update Windows XP to Service Pack 2 @ BigBruin
- Mesh Elite 560 DVI-Xtreme PC @ Trusted Reviews
- Razer Diamondback Gaming Mouse @ Buddha's LAN Room
- Intel's Pentium 4 570J, just shy of 4GHz @ Hardware Analysis