- ASUS EN6600GT Dual GPU on the horizon
Looks like GIGABYTE are about to get some stiff competition from ASUS in regard to their dual 6600 "GV-3D1" graphics card.
Spotted over at Digit-Life today, ASUS are planning to release their "EN6600GT Dual", also making use of two 6600GT GPU's on the same PCB. Unlike the GIGABYTE card however, it would seem feasible that eventually two of these ASUS cards should be able to work together providing you with quad GPU grunt. More details and images at Digit-Life.
So, the motherboard should be able to switch 8 + 8 PCI-E channels (or 16 + 4 PCI-E channels) as channels #1 to #4 for 1-1/2-1 GPUs, channels #8 to #12 for 1-2/2-2 GPUs (or channels #1 to #8 for 1-1 GPU, channels #9 to #16 for 1-2 GPU + channels #1 and #2 for 2-1 GPU, channels #8 and #9 for 2-2 GPU). This can be done by DFI nForce 4 based series, for example. But, of course, if GeForce 6600GT supports multi-GPU modes, ASUSTeK is bound to release a new board to handle two EN6600GT Dual cards at once.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Corsair XMS Xpert Memory @ Hexus & Toms Hardware
- Intel, AMD dual core specs discussed @ The Inquirer
- Alphacool Xtreme Pro Set 240 12Volt @ System Cooling
- WD Caviar SE WD1200JB Hard Disk @ OC-Service
- Disk drives to stop shrinking @ News.com
- CaseBuy EZ Power Supply Tester @ Phoronix & Whisptech
- CaseBuy USB Vacuum Cleaner @ Whisptech
- BTX Form Factor Exposed - A New Way of Building PC's @ PCStats
- Blue Dracula Special Edition Chassis @ Gruntville