- Gigabyte release GV-RX80256D on X800
Gigabyte have issued out a PR announcing their new GV-RX80256D graphics card today, based on ATI's X800 GPU. This is Gigabyte's first "TurboForce" edition graphics card which makes use of a GPU from ATI. With the help of "silentpipe" (heatpipe) cooling technology, Gigabyte state that the user will be able to clock their card up to 11% over default speeds without any issues. Further details in the supporting PR.
Taipei, Taiwan, Jan 2005 - Gigabyte Technology Co. announces the release of the GV-RX80256D graphics accelerator card, the first TurboForce edition card to feature an ATI Radeon GPU. The release of the GV-RX80 series from Gigabyte is concurrent with the recent launch of ATI's top-of-the-line RADEON X800 VPU with sophisticated graphics enhancements, such as SMARTSHADER HD, SMOOTHVISION HD and revolutionary 3Dc engine.
Powered by the ATI® RADEON® 800 GPU, the GV-RX80256D benefits from advanced 0.11 micrometer processing for optimal performance with minimal heat generation, and includes a 16x PCI-Express interface. The GV-RX80256D offers power and performance with 12 pixel pipelines, 6 vertex pipelines, GPU clock speeds of up to 392 MHz, and GDDR3 memory with clock speeds of up to 700 MHz.
- New ATITool Release: 0.0.23
The number one choice for safely clocking up your ATI based graphics card, "ATITool" has just reached a new version. Build 0.0.23 introduces a whole bunch of changes/fixes, with the most notable mentioned below. You can grab the latest release here folks.
After 10 beta releases, a new "stable" version of ATITool has been released, bringing the version number to 0.0.23.
The most important changes are:
- Improved scanning on PS2.0 cards, you should get much higher temperatures now.
- Revamped memory timings editor with support for R300, R350, R360, R420, RV350, RV360, RV370, RV380, RV410, R430, R480, M10
- Added detection, overclocking and monitoring support for M28, R430, R480, R423GL, Abit RX600, X800 SE
- Added support for changing Catalyst AI settings
- Added GPU temperature graph to main window
- Reorganized user interface and 2D/3D profiles
- Added Harddisk Acoustic Management
- Fixed AIW TV Tuner which was broken when ATITool 0.0.22 was installed
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NieR: Automata PC release date 'accidentally' revealed
- Nintendo Switch launch game exceeds console's storage
- AMD will dominate the mid-range with Ryzen 7 1700X
- AMD's new Ryzen 7 1800X: 8C/16T @ 4GHz for $499
- AMD's new Ryzen CPU hits 52% IPC improvement
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- E5450 oveclock on EP45-DS3L
- H97M Pro4 - Intel Smart Connect Technology is running in Win10 but not in Win7
- (GA X99 Designare) Anyone using a Beta BIOS?
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood