- Promise Technology ULTRA133 TX2 IDE Controller
Phoronix have checked out a solid little PCI IDE controller today from Promise Technology. The TX2 provides you with two more IDE channels allowing up to four more hard drives/ATAPI devices to be connected if you find you've run out of onboard ports. It's only real downfall would be the lack of RAID capabilities, but with exceptional single drive performance and reliability it's still got a lot going for it.
Promise Technology is one of the grandfathers in the area of Serial and Parallel ATA storage solutions, not only for the corporate user but also for the home environment. Even though PATA devices are slowly becoming obsolete to faster SATA solutions with the latest Intel and AMD Chipsets only providing a single IDE channel rather than the two we have become so accustom to seeing the demand for additional IDE channels is still on the rise. Since PATA devices won't completely be out the door for still a good amount of time, we have decided to investigate the ULTRA133 TX2 in this review.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Gigabyte 3D Rocket Pro cooler @ Noticias3D (Translated)
- MSI NX6600 TD128E videocard @ Noticias3D (Translated)
- TOPOWER 400W - mirror mirror on the wall.... @ OC-Service
- Mushkin PC2-5300 vs. Corsair PC2-5400 @ MetkuMods
- The Stubborn Paging File Guide @ RojakPot
- Seasonic Power Angel Test Kit @ PCStats
- Gigabyte GM-W9C Wireless Optical Mouse @ PCStats
- MINOX DC-6311 digital camera @ Digit-Life
- MSI RX800SE-TD256 (ATi X800SE) @ 3DChip (Translated)
- FSP BlueStorm 400W PSU @ HWZone
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.