- Industry Update (Dec'04) : In General
After recently meeting up with several hardware manufacturers from Taiwan, the lads over at T-Break have written up an article discussing the state of the PC hardware industry as it stands at the closing of 2004. Not only do they focus on the impact of various new technologies to have become available in recent times (such as PCIe and DDR2) but also some of the indefinate upcoming highlights as we move forward into a new year.
Starting off, almost all motherboard manufacturers are quite pleased with the Athlon64 and have definitely noticed an increase in their sales of AMD based motherboards. While Intel is still dominating the market share amongst the bigger manufacturers such as MSI and Gigabyte (75% and 70%), companies like Epox and DFI reported an almost 50-50 split. All of the companies are reporting their market share of AMD based boards to go further up in 2005.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- OCZ PowerStream 420W PSU @ OC-Zone (Translated)
- Samsung CLP-550N Color Laser Printer @ XYZ Computing
- Microsoft MOOL Revealed @ TC Magazine
- Sharkoon SilentStorm 480W Power Supply @ Madshrimps
- Swiftech MCX775-V Heatsink @ Hi-Tech Reviews
- NZXT Christmas Giveaway @ OCIA
- Sunbeam Wherever PCI Rack @ OCIA
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.