- Sony & NVIDIA Announce Joint GPU Development For Playstation 3
NVIDIA send word today of their on-going collaboration with Sony Inc. to jointly produce a new custom graphics processing solution which is said to incorporate next-gen GeForce architecture. The GPU is being designed to work hand-in-hand with future Sony entertainment systems featuring the Cell* processor, such as Sony's upcoming Playstation 3. More details in the supporting PR folks.
TOKYO and SANTA CLARA, CA-DECEMBER 7, 2004-Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) and NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA) today announced that the companies have been collaborating on bringing advanced graphics technology and computer entertainment technology to SCEI's highly anticipated next-generation computer entertainment system. Both companies are jointly developing a custom graphics processing unit (GPU) incorporating NVIDIA's next-generation GeForce™ and SCEI's system solutions for next-generation computer entertainment systems featuring the Cell* processor.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Thermalright's SI-97 Heatsink @ ap0calypse
- Seagate 120GB SATA 7200.7 HDD @ Mikhailtech
- Coolermaster Hyper48 Copper Heatpipe Cooler @ ExtremeMHZ
- Intel 915 Roundup: Socket 775 for the Rest of Us @ Anandtech
- ULi M1573 meets ATi RS480 @ OCWorkbench
- Anydrive Car MP3 FM Transmitter @ RBMods
- Shuttle SN95G5 Athlon 64 small form factor @ AMDZone
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.