- Intel's Azalia: High Definition Audio
Wondering if there are any real benefits to be had with a high definition audio solution such as the natively integrated ones seen on recent Intel platforms? There's no doubting the tech is a huge advancement over typical el'cheapo onboard audio, thats for certain - Bit-Tech have spent some time checking it out in more detail today, going over the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Long gone are the days where all a PC user had for onboard sound was an internal speaker blaring out a string of monotone beeps and buzzes. If you were an enthusiast, maybe you had a 16bit PCI soundcard that was probably the size of a Voodoo 6000. Back then, these PCI solutions were considered high fidelity for PC. Now, with High Definition, multi channel audio we are constantly experiencing reinvention and further innovation of PC audio, which has now made it to native motherboard integration. Today, it's considered standard to support 5, 6, 7 or even 8 channels of sound on a PC. The question remains: apart from DVD watching, how much of your audio (games, music...etc) is any more than stereo?
- Spyshots of Abit's nForce4 and K8T890 boards
T-Break have some sweet eye candy up for prospective 939/PCIe motherboard buyers today. they've acquired exclusive shots of two new boards from none other than ABIT, allowing us a glimpse of their AN8 based on the nForce4 chipset (left thumbnail), followed by shots of their VIA K8T890 variant, the AX8.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Crucial High-Speed Gizmo! @ ByteSector
- Ultra 400W Dual LED ATX PSU @ Viperlair
- Gigabyte GA-8GPNXP Duo motherboard @ EnvyNews
- Ultra X-Connect 500W Modular Power Supply @ CoolTechZone
- Logitech Cordless Desktop MX Duo @ The TechZone
- Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC4000 @ OCModShop
- Thermaltake HardCano 13 fan controller & 6-in-1 memory card reader @ A1-Electronics
- Danger Den TDX Socket 939 @ ClubOC
- Leadtek Winfast PX6600TD PCI Express graphics card @ Trusted Reviews