- Hardware [M]adness in 2004: a Recap
2004's been a big year in terms of milestones with computer hardware technology, what with the release of such goodies as the new PCI Express interface, DDR2, 939pin Athlon64, and much much more. The fellas from Madshrimps have summed it all up in their Hardware Madness recap for 2004, along with some brief comments on whats to be expected next year for us.
The excitement of A64 was brought forward from last year and continues to make noise; a lot of noise. In recent weeks S939 Winchester shines even more with AMD stock quickly picked up steam in last two months. Followed by new motherboards with higher HTT and tighter timing memory modules to supplement the new chip performance, it was hell of a few months for hardware review sites.
The year has not been kind to Intel. The long awaited Prescott only proved to be the so called "Hot Potato" with "not so hot performance". Despite some the die-hard fans support, it loses the once "shining star" status to AMD. Of course, Intel does not make processors alone, it creates the industry in turning out DDR2, PCI-e and BTX related products. When the processor failed to shine, so did the impact on these products.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Bytecc 2.5in USB 2.0 Aluminum External HDD Enclosure @ XYZ Computing
- Sunbeam Samurai ATX Case @ LANAddict
- Four MP3 Players Roundup @ Nordic Hardware
- Raidmax Cobra 822 Case @ Overclockers Online
- ATI Radeon X800 XT PCI-Express 256MB @ The TechLounge
- Waffer PC Aircon PAC 400 Cooler @ OCIA
- Spire CoolForce II CF202-NBL Graphics Card Cooler @ Madshrimps
- Altec Lansing inMotion Portable Sound System for Apple iPod @ Bonafide Reviews
- Intel's New E0 Prescott Stepping: Improved at Idle, but Throttling Under Load @ Sudhian
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.