- 90nm vs. 130nm: Does it really matter?
The crew from BleedinEdge have today compared AMD's new Winchester Athlon64's on .90nm versus the previous Newcastle .130nm processors to give you an indication of whether or not there are truely any real benefits in the smaller packaging. They primarily focus their attention toward operating temperatures and performance across both cpu's.
Quite honestly, many took a wait-and-see attitude when these chips first launched. Well, today we have a short little comparison in performance and temperature for you between the 130nm (Newcastle) and the 90nm (Winchester). We are not going to go over all the details in this article about the process of going to 90nm, that info has been out for quite awhile now. The bottom line is, "How does this thing perform, and how does it perform against the previous generation of cpus? We will answer that here.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Sunbeam Samurai Case @ OCIA
- ATake UV Two Color LED Fan @ Phoronix
- asetek 3.5" Bay HDD Cooler @ System Cooling
- PowerColor X700PRO 256MB PCI-Express @ Techniz
- Gamerzstuff Xtreme Mouse Pads @ Club Overclocker
- 19'' LCD Hansol H950 @ OC-Service
- iRiver iFP-799 digital music player @ Trusted Reviews
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.