- Logitech Z-680 5.1 Speaker Kit
Although this bad boy speaker kit is no longer Logitech's top of the line (the Z-5500 takes the flag there), that doesn't make them any less worthy.... In fact, I think the Z-680's look nicer for the most part (highly opinionative comment, my bad - I own these I might add :P), and the kit also gives you the ability to switch over the crummy included speaker wire for some proper oxygen free stuff which actually impacts sound clarity quite significantly. The TechZone have given them a last going over before the curtain gets drawn on these absolutely sensational and awesome value speakers.
The Z-680 is made up of one 8" subwoofer, 4 satellite speakers, 1 center channel speaker and a breakout box with remote control. Total system power is a monstrous 500 watts, with 188 watts going to subwoofer, 62 watts each to the four satellites and 69 watts to the center channel. There is also a breakout box with built-in Dolby Digital and DTS hardware decoding. Connect the Z-680 directly to a PC sound card, Xbox, PlayStation2, DVD player, satellite receiver or other Dolby-ready source and you'll get a true surround experience. You can also get 5.1 surround from a stereo input through the advanced Dolby Pro Logic II system. Best of all, you can connect up to four audio sources simultaneously, while accessing each one at the touch of a button.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Nintendo DS COnsole @ ArsTechnica
- Canon PowerShot A400 digital camera @ Trusted Reviews
- Corsair XMS4400C25PT 1024 TwinX Memory Kit @ 3DXtreme
- Samsung DVD-L1200 @ Dreamware Computers
- Mercury Elite Case - Grey @ 3DVelocity
- Roku SoundBridge @ i4u
- Enermax Noisetaker EG701P-VE PSU @ Xtreme Resources