- The Final Hours of Half Life 2
Well folks, the final hours coming up to the release of hugely anticipated gaming title "Half Life 2" are ticking away with Valve said to be flicking on the switch tomorrow! The GameSpot lads have put up quite a lengthy yet very interesting read about the title and the course it's taken throughout it's overly extensive development phase.
Gabe Newell is about to make a promise. It's 11am on an overcast morning in Bellevue, Washington, and Newell, the impresario behind Valve, lumbers into the company's starkly decorated 10th-floor conference room. He pulls out an Aeron chair, plops himself down, and runs his stubby hands through his reddish-brown hair.
"OK," he says, taking a deep breath. "During any project there comes a time to draw a line in the sand and put a stick in the ground and say, 'This is it. We're ready,'" he says. "That moment, I'm happy to say, is right now. We finally know when this game is going to be done."
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Intel's Pentium 4 570J 3.8GHz processor @ Tech Report & Toms Hardware
- 2004 Holiday Gift Guide @ DesignTechnica
- Corsair 4GB PC3200XL Memory Giveaway! @ CoolTechZone
- Arctic Cooling Super Silent 2L Athlon XP HSF @ Madshrimps
- Supersize Your TV for $300: Build Your Own XGA Projector! @ Toms Hardware
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.