Rockstar Games is right on top of the issues with Grand Theft Auto V on the PC, with the latest version 1.01 patch fixing some of the issues that people were having with the game. We've benchmarked the game at 1080p, 1440p and 4K too - so if you want to check out the performance on the game, check out our benchmarks.
The biggest issue that was fixed was the login issue, with version 1.01 fixing the problem that users were having from their Windows usernames. If your username featured characters other than alphanumeric (the letters A-Z, and numbers 0-9) then the game wouldn't launch properly. The studio offered a workaround last week, which had users needing to create a new administrator account on Windows, which isn't how you should deal with a problem when you've dropped $80 for a game.
Other issues have been fixed, such as the high CPU usage and potential crashes the game would have. The list is extensive, which you can check out below.
- Fixed an issue where the GTA 5 Launcher would use an abnormally high percentage of CPU and sometimes crash
- Fixed an issue where frame rate would drop when left-clicking the mouse while driving
- Added a grid to the Golf mini-game to show the topology of the green while putting
- Fixed an issue where a character's eyebrows or other facial features could change erroneously when transferred to PC
- Fixed an issue where a some players were asked to transfer their GTA Online character while a transfer was already in progress
- YouTube uploads via the Rockstar Editor will now correctly resume if Internet connection is lost during the upload and later restored
- Fixed a rare issue where the game could crash while using the Rockstar Editor
- Projects containing deleted clips will now load properly in the Rockstar Editor and warn the player of the missing clips
- Fixed an issue where birds were not recorded correctly in Rockstar Editor clips
- Corrected an issue where certain characters in Windows usernames would cause the Launcher to fail to load or other undesired game behavior. For details, see this page.
- Fixed an issue where players with one garage would not be able to replace an existing vehicle if the garage was full and the new vehicle was purchased from an in-game website
- Additional fixes to prepare for iFruit support
- Crew Tire Smoke can no longer be purchased if you are not in a Crew