- The Art Of Cable Folding
A little fastidious when it comes to the cleanliness of your PC's guts? - Hell, it's pretty common amongst many of us I think, what with side windows and cathodes etc. being all the rage these days, not to mention maintaining a clear path for airflow. the TechZone show us some of their secrets with folding those blasted IDE cables almost entirely out of view, also explaining why it can actually be easier to hide the old flat IDE cables then it is to use rounded ones. I must say, after paying attention to some of the accompanying photos I see exactly what they mean.
Folding IDE cables is more art than science but when done right, they look and perform better than any rounded cable you can buy. I discovered the art of cable folding when I first met with the folks at Voodoo PC during a Lunch at Perio's Comdex event. Before then I used rounded cable like everyone else. Voodoo was reluctant to show me exactly how they fold their cables to create their look - they refused to open the case so I can poke inside. I had to figure out how they did their cabling by looking though the Plexiglas view window that was cut into the side of the case.
Folding cables serves two purposes; to create a super clean looking system and maximize air flow going though the computer case. Nothing messes up air flow more than a bunch of dangling IDE cables. Rounded cable helps this problem but they still tangle inside the case and still block airflow. A properly fold IDE cable will snake along the sides of the case so air flow is not disrupted and will look cleaner than anything you can do with rounded cables.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- ATI Silencer 1 @ ap0calypse
- RaidMax Cobra Gaming Case @ ViperLair
- Logitech MX510 Optical Mouse @ MikhailTech
- Samsung SCD 105 Digital Camcorder @ TechTastic
- Tomcat i915 (S5120) Motherboard @ Bonafide Reviews
- Zvox 315 Sound System @ DesignTechnica
- CoolerMaster Cavalier 1 CAV-T01 Case @ TweakNews
- EverCool VGA Heat Pipe Universal ATI & Nvidia heatsinks @ A1-Electronics