- Intel's P4 XE 3.46GHz processor and 925XE chipset
Intel have today raised the bar in performance computing as they make an effort to close the gap on AMD's FX line of A64 processors. They've officially unleashed their LGA775 based Pentium 4 3.46GHz extreme edition processor along with the highly anticipated 925XE motherboard chipset which brings a 1066mhz quad pumped FSB to the scene. Just like clockwork, reviews and articles have been popping up from all angles in the past few hours which you can get to below :-
- HardTecs4u (Translated)
- Hot Hardware
- Trusted Reviews
- Tech Report
- XBit Labs
Today Intel is making the move from 800MHz up to the 1066MHz FSB, with the release of the Pentium 4 3.46 Extreme Edition. Priced at $999, the 3.46EE will be followed up by the 3.73EE as the only two chips to support the faster FSB for almost a year. Current Intel roadmaps show absolutely no support for the 1066MHz FSB from any processor other than the two aforementioned Extreme Edition chips until the end of next year, when Prescott-2M chips will finally receive 1066MHz FSB support; there are also plans for dual core 1066MHz FSB chips although they have not been publicly outlined on any roadmap.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- OCLabs PlexyBlock B3 CPU Water Block @ XYZComputing
- Adding fan control to the 9800 Pro with XT PCB @ TechPowerUp
- WaterChill Antarctica Waterblock @ Ice-Tec (Translated)
- Merconnet Super Joy Box4 Adapter @ BurnoutPC
- Logisys Dracula Mid-Tower Case @ System Cooling
- DFI LANParty 875P-T Motherboard @ ClubOC
- Scythe Kamakaze 2 Heatsink @ Phoronix
- VisionTek Xtreme 2 Go Drive @ Overclockers Online
- Xtrac Mouse Pads @ MikhailTech
- ABIT AV8 (K8T800 Pro socket 939) Motherboard @ 3DXtreme
- Thermalright XP-120 Heatsink @ OCIA
- Chaintech GeForce AA6800 Apogee @ NVNews
- VoodooPC Adopts NVIDIA nForce4 SLI, Claims World's Fastest PC @ XBit Labs
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.
Do you get our news RSS feed? Get It!