- ECS Reveals nForce4 Motherboard
A couple of days ago EliteGroup Computer Systems (ECS) sent word of their latest KN1 Extreme motherboard to enter the market, one of the first few motherboards announced which is based upon NVIDIA's new nForce4 Ultra chipset. All the bangs and whistles of the NF4 ultra chipset are resident, and then some (such as additional mosfet cooling etc.) - The board is said to become available from ECS at the end of November. Full details in the official press release here folks.
The integrated six-channel Realtek audio has both optical and coaxial SPDIF outputs to give the maximum in digital clarity, but the ECS Extreme range also puts the emphasis on performance. The KN1 Extreme uses the latest 24-pin power connector (which is also compatible with a 20-pin power supply) to ensure that the user can install the highest quality components, and ECS also keeps the overclocker in mind. The power supply capacitors and Mosfets can lose performance when they get hot, so ECS covers these components with a duct for cooling air with a vent through the I/O panel where you would usually find the legacy Parallel port.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- XtremeFiles F1 80GB backup @ ClubOC
- VisionTek XTASY X800XT @ Club Overclocker
- SilverStone FM84XW Fan @ ModGuidez
- Gigabyte 6800 Video Card @ CoolTechZone
- Coolmax 3.5" Xtreme Files F1-B @ ExtensionTech
- CoolForce 2 VGA Cooler @ Hardware Hounds