- 1 million RMB given away - ABIT created history and gaming hero
In conclusion to ABIT's most recently held event, the "Fatal1ty Great Wall Shootout" in China, ABIT send word in the form of a press release that a young chinese chap by the name of Meng 'RocketBoy' Yang managed to defeat the lethal 'Fatal1ty' in an intense 1vs1 battle, claiming the largest prize for a computer gaming event in history, a whopping $1,000,000RMB (equivilient to around $125,000 USD). ABIT also offered RocketBoy the opportunity to sign up with them as the lead ABIT Gamer for China, and also to become involved with the development and testing of all ABIT gaming related products such as motherboards and VGA cards. Further details on his affiliation with them here.
ABIT is happy to announce that one of these 4 Top Chinese Gamers, Meng 'RocketBoy' Yang, managed to defeat 'Fatal1ty' in an exciting fight to the finish shootout. On awarding the richest prize in gaming history, Scott Thirlwell, ABIT's Director of Marketing said, "We are thrilled that China's Best Gamer, RocketBoy, now receives some of the financial recognition that the world's best gamers should be seeing. ABIT's goal in holding the ACON Fatal1ty Great Wall Shootout in China was to bring immediate recognition of gaming to the people of China." Thirlwell continued, "ABIT also wanted to bring greater respect for esports, professional gaming competitions and the professional gamers themselves, not only in China but around the world. With this event, I believe we have achieved this."
- VIA K8T890 Series PCI Express Chipsets 4000+ and FX-55 Ready
VIA have confirmed that their latest K8T890 PCIe chipset is readily capable of taking both of AMD's newest Socket 939 processors, the 4000+ and FX-55. Full details within their announcement here folks.
Taipei, Taiwan, October 19 2004, - VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator and developer of silicon chip technologies and PC platform solutions, today announced that VIA K8T890 Series chipsets are ready to support the new AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 processor and AMD Athlon 64 processor 4000+, enabling a new generation of PCI Express compatible AMD64 motherboards and systems.
"The combination of the latest AMD64 processors and VIA K8T890 Series chipsets can provide a perfect platform for a high-performance PCI Express-enabled system," commented Chewei Lin, Vice President of Product Marketing, VIA Technologies Inc. "Now is the perfect time for users to upgrade to an AMD64 processor-based system, safe in the knowledge they have a future-proof platform capable of supporting future PCI Express graphics cards and peripherals."
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Creative Sound Blaster Wireless Music @ Trusted Reviews
- Firewire/USB 2.5" HDD Enclosure @ PyroPort
- Nvidia Nforce 4 comes in Socket 754 and 939 @ The Inquirer
- Building an AMD64 HTPC for around thousand dollars @ HTPC News
- Gigabyte GO-W1608A 16x DVD±RW Drive @ OC Workbench
- Latest Antivirus and Spyware Tools Roundup @ TCMagazine
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- Final 'Ghost in the Shell' trailer drops in
- Elon Musk wants to link your brain to a machine
- Nintendo US boss: Switch reaction has been 'remarkable'
- PS4 Pro Media Player update includes 4K support
- OST to PST Converter
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- ASRock B150M PRO4V- Voltage Control ?
- N3150-ITX Mini-PCI Express Slot
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse