- XGIT Releases Reactor Driver R1.06.57
In continued software support for their Volari family of GPU's, XGI have released Reactor driver revision 1.06.57 today which further extends compatibility and visual quality etc. across many popular game titles. If you're one of the few in possession of an XGI Volari based graphics card, you'll definitely want to grab these. You can also see a list of all compatible game titles on XGI's website here. Futher details in XGI's supporting PR.
Taipei-October 14, 2004- XGI Technology Inc, an innovative graphics chipset supplier, today released its Reactor™ R1.06.57 driver for the Volari™ series with improved playability for numerous, popular games.
Reactor™ R 1.06.57 driver supports Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 and OpenGL 1.5 for the XGI™ Volari™ GPUs including Volari™ Duo, Volari™ V8/V8 Ultra, Volari™ V5, and Volari™ V3XT. The Reactor™ R 1.06.57 driver also incorporates PowerManager, DesktoPlus, Rotech, Virtual Screen, optimization of Open GL 1.5, and 1080i/720p HDTV support. PowerManager provides real-time GPU temperature data and monitoring. DesktoPlus allows users to organize their resources effectively with multiple, customized desktops. Rotech, stands for "Rotational Technology", powers up the hardware support for high quality monitor rotation. With a navigator from Volari's Virtual Screen, it frees users from the limits of smaller monitor sizes and lets them zoom into the areas selected.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Intel & AMD Dual Core CPU's Explained @ Datafuse
- 3DMark05 - A closer look @ Hexus
- Media Center Edition 2005 @ Toms Hardware
- Summary of 3D Tests of 101 Video Cards (1999-2004) @ Digit-Life
- AMD's Chips Make it to Media Center PCs @ XBit Labs
- Intel's 900-Series Chipsets: PCI-Express and LGA775 @ 2CPU