- Apple Hits Another One Out Of The Park
Since the release of Apple's iPod mp3 player quite a while back now, it's arguably been stamped and maintained as the best mp3 player on the market. Apple have released several generations since it's birth introducing further refinements based on user demand etc, with the Tech Zone taking a look at their latest fourth-gen Pod which most notably brings an even more usable interface into play over what was already one of the iPod's strongest points. Mmm, it's when focusing on awesome little devices like this that you get an itch to run off with an old lady's handbag.
The biggest change between the 3rd generation and 4th generation iPod is the new wheel used by the 4th gen. Where as the old iPod features a touch wheel and four buttons; the new iPod moves those buttons onto the touch wheel itself. You still use the wheel as a touch pad to scroll though lists or control volume, but if you press down on the edges of the wheel, you activated the buttons lurking underneath. It sounds more complex than it is but after about 10 seconds, the controls feel completely natural. The merger of the buttons with the wheel is a gigantic improvement over the original iPod interface. It's a lot easier to navigate by touch when you don't need to find the buttons above the wheel.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0 @ Beyond3D
- Biometric IBM ThinkPad T42 @ Trusted Reviews
- Dynapower USA Spiden Case @ PC Techzone
- DawG PounD Giveaway, 2 TrackIR 3 Pros @ Gruntville
- PowerColor X800 PRO Limited Assassin Edition @ Bjorn3D
- ASUS P5GD1-VM Mainboard based on Intel 915G @ Digit-Life