- Thermaltake SilverRiver and the Ultra Mini Portable Disk
XYZ Computing have fired up an external HDD Enclosure Comparison today between Thermaltake's popular SilverRiver and also the Ultra Mini Portable Disk unit. Not surprisingly it seems Thermaltake have chosen to go for more of an aesthetic appeal here as opposed to the somewhat more functional Ultra Mini unit. Either look to be a good pickup for your transporting needs however.
When it comes to storing and transporting data there is no better method than an external hard drive. This allows for the maximum storage capacity at a minimal cost, and best transfer speeds. The problem is that prebuilt external hard drives from companies, like Western Digital and Maxtor, are very expensive compared to internal drives with the same specs.
Recently XYZ was looking to expand the storage capacity of our work computer so we decided to test two hard drive enclosures. This article will be reviewing the Thermaltake SilverRiver 3.5" and the Ultra Mini Portable Disk, two high end hard drive enclosures from two reputable companies.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Linux 3D AGP GPU Roundup @ Anandtech
- Viper Mid-Tower Case @ A True Review
- 3GHz LGA775 CPU hits 3.9GHz @ ClubOC
- Athlon 64 90nm power consumption measured @ Tech Report
- Chaintech SK8T800 s754 mainboard @ AMDZone
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.