- VIA Announces New Processor Naming Convention
VIA have introduced a new processor naming convention for their existing and future CPU lineup, also bringing to light their upcoming VIA C7-Series of processors based on the C5J Esther core which are said to become available within the first half of 2005. Further details within VIA's official PR folks.
"At a time when the market is becoming increasingly frustrated with complex CPU naming schemes, VIA is consolidating our processor offerings into families that clarify what applications they are intended for," said Richard Brown, Associate Vice President of Marketing, VIA Technologies, Inc. "The new naming convention is based on the intended application and the feature set derived from the applicable processor core, such as on-die security features, maximum power consumption levels and power saving capabilities."
- A trio of PCI Express graphics cards compared
The Tech Report have rounded up three mid-range PCIe cards from both ATI and NVIDIA for comparison. Namely, they check out Abit's RX600XT-PCIE, Albatron's Trinity PCX5900, and Gigabyte's GV-RX60X128V. Looks like they had an easy time wrapping the conclusion up with the Gigabyte RX600XT offering a much more enticing bundle as well as VIVO features to the deal.
ALTHOUGH THE FIRST wave of GeForce 6600 series reviews have already hit the web, cards based on NVIDIA's latest mid-range PCI Express offering may not be available in volume until sometime next month. Rumors are also swirling that ATI will introduce a mid-range Radeon X700 PCI Express card to counter the 6600 series, but there's no telling when cards based on that unannounced graphics chip could arrive. If you're in the market for a mid-range PCI Express graphics card and can afford to wait a month or two, you'll probably end up deciding between variations of the GeForce 6600 or Radeon X700.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 NX @ Trusted Reviews
- Oakley THUMP MP3 Sun Glasses @ i4u
- LG's Flatron 2320A 23" LCD @ Tech Spot
- Tapwave Zodiac 1 @ Hard Extreme
- MSI NX6800 128MB Video Card @ DesignTechnica
- Intel way behind on EM64T performance claim @ The Inquirer
- Athlon 64-939 Processors @ Digital-Daily
- Small Form Factor PC Roundup @ ExtremeTech
- Arctic Cooling ATI and NV Silencers @ Dev Hardware