- ATI's Updated Catalyst Control Center: Worth the Wait?
Sudhian have taken a closer look at the latest Control Center coupled with ATI's official 4.9 drivers, supposedly it's been ridden of a lot of bugs and sluggy performance issues that the initial Control Center release was plagued by. If you'd like to know whether or not this holds true prior to another attempt at running the new interface, you'd best spend some time reading up on what Sudhian have to say beforehand.
On September 2nd, ATI released the Catalyst Control Center, the long-awaited overhaul of the control panel for their "Catalyst" drivers. The Control Center promised many enhanced or new features and an easier to use interface…The initial release was plagued by slow performance, broken features, and complaints that it took too large of a memory foot print. Also, some people didn't want to download the additional 16MB...NET framework required to use the panel.
However, with the release of the official 4.9 Catalyst drivers last week, ATI offered a new version of the Control Center which was supposed to alleviate some of the initial bugs and problems and boost performance.
- How to setup a wireless home office
The TechZone have written up a guide running you through the necessary steps to implement a wireless network in your home/office environment. There's no doubting wireless has it's obvious advantages, and for those who've next to no knowledge of how wireless networking is set up, this guide would be a great means of helping you gear up for the task.
Going wireless have many advantages, the most important being not having to run NIC lines from one room to another in a brand new place. That was one of the biggest thing that bugged me about my old office. There were wires everywhere because we were always moving computers around and more than a few people tripped over the many NIC cables. This problem was multiplied when we hosted a LAN party.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Flip Flap Anti-Stress Desk Gadget @ i4u
- Samsung ML-1710 Monochrome Laser Printer @ Tech-Mods
- Logitech RumblePad 2 Vibration Feedback PC GamePad @ TweakNews
- Crucial Hi-Speed Gizmo! 2.0 @ PyroPort
- Thermaltake BigWater Mods for increased cooling performance @ A1-Electronics
- Zboard Gaming Keyboard & DOOM 3 Keyset @ Barrys-Rigs-n-Reviews
- Oleansoft Hidden Cameras 2.6.1 @ AusPCWorld
- Gigabyte GN-WMAG01 @ Anandtech
- Shuttle's SN95G5 nForce3 Ultra Socket-939 XPC @ GamePC
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.