- Sapphire AGP Radeon X800 XT (500/500)
In reference to the mention of "Lower Cost" RADEON X800 XT offerings from Sapphire in an earlier post today, Beyond3D have whipped up a review for us on the slightly lower clocked 16 pipeline card, clearly indicating it is still quite a bit ahead of the X800 Pro and not too far off the flagship XT PE. The big question on people's minds will undoubtedly be price. Presuming it comes with a tag not much higher than the Pro cards available, the option between the two would be very clear it seems.
It's some months into the release of ATI's X800 series and the Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition has been a fairly rare animal, prompting many to speculate that it has, or will be cancelled (despite assurances to the contrary from ATI). The Platinum Edition looked to be a bit of an oddly configured board, pushed to the limit, some might suggest, in order to stave off the advances of GeForce 6800 Ultra (another fairly rare - but not equally so - board). With just the X800 XT Platinum Edition and 12 pipeline X800 PRO in the line-up the range seemed prime for a vanilla X800 XT to sit in-between, but ATI were adamant that this would not happen with the AGP boards, although they did announce one with their PCI Express line-up, no doubt due to Dell's wishes.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- LaCie Data Bank Portable External Hard Disk @ Digit-Life
- Antec TrueBlue480 PSU @ Hardware12v (Translated)
- Mozilla Firefox 1.0 Preview @ Phoronix
- Jetart Xcool NP5000 Laptop Cooler @ ExtensionTech
- IBM ThinkPad T42 notebook @ Trusted Reviews
- PCViper UltraKit - Heatsink Lapping kit @ 3DVelocity
- Lyric LD-680 128MB Mini MP3 Player @ WWNics
- Mouse WireWeight @ A True Review
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.