- Pegasus Mobile Note Taker
Here's an oddball kind of device for people often on the run. Think of it as a digitized pen and paper for taking down all your important notes and sketches etc. only it's able to do quite a bit more with the ability to also connect up to a PC and perform some pretty nice little (but rather basic) tasks. Trusted Reviews get their hands on it and show you just what this kickarse little device is potentially capable of, unfortunately falling short in a few areas with price being a definate minus.
For many people, my mum included, it is still easier to organise life through a pen and paper rather than a notebook, PDA or smart phone. It seems there is still something more immediate about being able to grab a pen and a scrap of paper and scribble. There is no boot up, no need to be able to touch type and for the great majority of us our drawing skills remain far superior with a pencil than with a mouse. Step forward Pegasus, a company that believes it has come up with a way to bridge the gap.
Pegasus' answer is the Mobile NoteTaker - a portable handwriting capture device designed to store handwritten data so it can be transferred to a computer at a later date. The concept consists of an electronic pen with real ink and a memory unit with a monochrome LCD display and 2MB/50 page memory capacity that, when positioned above the writing surface, records all strokes on its scrolling screen. The effect is two fold, while you are making real world written notes a virtual copy is being recorded of every mark you make. For good measure, the Mobile NoteTaker can also be plugged directly into a PC or notebook allowing handwritten notes to be made within Microsoft Office documents and emails. So far so good, but I'm going to jump straight to it rather than lead you on, because the theory is way better than the practice.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Vantec LPC-301 and LPC-305 Laptop Coolers @ ClubOC
- Natural Point TrackIR 3-Pro @ Club Overclocker
- Winfast TV200XP Television tuner @ Pheaton
- RCA Lyra 40GB Audio Player @ GideonTech
- Power Color 9250 Video card @ Phoronix
- Bonzai Mods Custom Hand Sculpted Fan Grilles v2.0 @ Controlled-Insanity
- ABIT Hardware Festival and Fata1ity shootout @ PC Review UK
- Inno3D GeForce 6800 VGA @ Overclocker Cafe
- Ultra X Connect PSU & UV Kit @ Raptor Mods
- Sapphire Adds "Lower Cost" RADEON X800 XT into Lineup @ XBit Labs