- ATI's X800 All-In-Wonder Launch
The fellas from Hexus have today brought to our attention ATI's launch of their new X800 series of "All-In-Wonder" based graphics cards. Making use of a new purple and gold livery PCB colour scheme, the new cards will be clearly distinguished as being a part of their multimedia line. A whole host of cool new features and abilities also compliment the new x800 all-in-wonder cards, such as being able to connect the cards to funky feature-rich breakout boxes, and also having the new inclusion of ATI's own TV tuner chipset although still based around Philips-sourced components, with the main difference being that this tuner will be integrated directly onto the PCB. All the usual AIW partners have signed up to extend their line with the new beast as well. You can get the full scoop here peeps.
In an announcement that's unlikely to surprise anyone, ATI has launched a new member of its All-in-Wonder multimedia graphics cards based on the Radeon X800 XT GPU. The new card will be the first to use ATI's new purple and gold livery, intended to distinguish its multimedia products.
This is also the first card to incorporate ATI's own TV tuner chipset, which still uses Philips-sourced components but is now integrated directly onto the PCB. It's a lot smaller than the outsourced units on previous AIWs, making for a much more streamlined card. ATI has also included FM radio as well as a TV tuner. Radio programming can be paused and time shifted using the FM-ON-DEMAND feature in a similar fashion to TV.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Windows XP SP2 Performance @ HardcoreWare
- Verbatim Chooses DiskOnKey T5 @ Everything USB
- nVIDIA Geforce Fx5500 vs ATi Radeon 9600pro @ Hispatech
- Thermaltake Tsunami Dream Case @ The TechZone
- Soltek Qubic EQ3801A Barebone @ XBit Labs
- Rio Carbon 5GB Music Player @ Gearlive
- Epox 8RDA6+ Pro Motherboard @ AMDZone
- Dell Inspiron 9100 Gamers Laptop @ Trusted Reviews
- Chenbro SR20968 SATA Server Chassis @ Gruntville