- ATI's New Catalyst Control Center
Following on from our fresh article covering ATI's brand spankin' new control center, several other sites around the globe have now followed suit and taken a close look at what the new brings over the old. Anandtech, Driver Heaven, Hexus, Hot Hardware, Beyond3D, Toms Hardware, Bit-Tech and NeoSeeker are where it's at for the time being and i'll be sure to update the list as more come in.
Update: ATI have now officially announced their new control center, and as such have kindly provided a link in which you can go grab it and try it out for yourselves. For the time being, it's designed to be installed with their current 4.8 Catalyst driver but future releases (ie. 4.9 onwards, due very soon by the way!) will no doubt have it included. You can take a look at ATI's official listing of features and enhancements the new control center offers here, and the supporting press release material can also be read over at their website folks.
3.8 could really be classed as the first real result of the Catalyst program which took ATI's drivers from mediocre to world class. Since 3.8 not much has changed on the surface of the driver or control panel, a few tweaks here, some performace increases and bugfixes there however noting out of the ordinary. Today that all changes as ATI release Catalyst 4.9 and Catalyst Control Centre."
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- HEXUS.net custom rig wows the show at ECTS @ Hexus
- No More DirectX Graphics? @ Hexus
- The Filtering War Will Be No More? @ Hexus
- ATI On Track With Shader Model 3.0 @ Hexus
- Quick Fix/Replace the fan on a Zalman CNPS 7000 Heatsink @ Madshrimps
- AMD's Dual Core 90nm Opteron Demonstration Dissected @ AMDZone
- Armari T900-GT PCI-Express PC @ Trusted Reviews
- Roadmap Update: Pentium 4 6xx now with Enhanced Speed Step @ Anandtech
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.