- QuakeCon 2004 - Day 1 wrapped up!
The guys from Bjorn3D were present for the opening of this year's QuakeCon yesterday and have completed their first bunch of coverage including all the highlights and events to have taken place thus far (such as nVidia's huge 6600 GPU launch). Plenty more news to come each day as the massive gaming party further unfolds.
Oh and I almost forgot folks, The Bjorn3D crew have also kindly set up an on-going live webcam focused on some of the action (or there lack of I should say, due to the still reasonably early hrs of the morn).
Viewing from another angle, Gamers Depot also have their coverage up of Day 1.
We have arrived at Quakecon 2004, the uber gaming party and conference on the planet. The events are non-stop and there are a ton of things to see and do from gaming, product launches, and even private parties. No time to waste, let us take you on a tour of our first day here at Quakecon 2004.
We packed into a fairly small car early in the morning to make the five hour drive to Grapevine, TX to join in the fun of one of the largest LAN parties on the planet. Upon intial arrival we proceeded to the BYOC (bring your own computer) line to register for the LAN party. Surprisingly the line was not too long as we arrived early in the afternoon after much of the initial rush to get in. We setup our rigs, grabbed something to eat, and we were off to the Quakecon Kickoff Party hosted by NVIDIA.
- Doom3 on an nVidia TNT 1?!
Yep, i'm not quite sure why anyone in their right mind would settle for it, but i've just discovered a screenie of Doom3 running on a prehistoric TNT1 based video card.
Leaves you thinking there's just a wee bit to be desired here eh? - Fwoar!! Feel the powah, look at that FPS rate (top right hand corner, you can click the thumbnail to enlarge). The card that was once THE fully fledged flagship monster for ID's Quake is now merely laughing stock. My, how times change.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- eVGA 6800 GT vs. Sapphire X800 Pro: The Battle at $399 @ 3DXtreme
- Hush ATX noiseless PC @ Trusted Reviews
- Crucial Radeon 9600XT Giveaway! @ LAN Addict
- Voodoo Envy M:860 - AMD 64-bit at Widescreen @ Anandtech
- Intel's HD Audio PC Sound Ambitions @ Toms Hardware
- Slipstreaming WinXP and SP2 @ PC Stats
- Abit AV8 K8T800 Pro Motherboard @ PC Perspective
- Zalman ZM80D-HP Heatpipe Cooler @ RojakPot