- DVD Burner round-up
Another DVD Burner roundup has gone up today, this time over at TechSpot where they test several 8x and 12x drives from Teac, LG, Artec, and Pioneer. Taking all the main factors into account such as price, performance, and build quality, this would be well worth paying attention to before you head out and grab yourself a new burner.
With today's computers becoming more of a media focal point, data replication is becoming more critical than ever. Computers five years ago were used for surfing the internet, micro-processing and some gaming as well. Today's high-end computers take on yet another daunting task: creating and storing your unforgettable moments with digital camera images or perhaps a digital video. These devices create amazing quality images, but they also take up a tremendous amount of hard drive space.
In the past, floppy drives and zip disks were the preferred method of backing up important text files and media. Afterwards, CD-RW drives became mainstream thanks to its affordable price and its ability to store 800MB. The time has now come where CD-RW drives take the back seat as did floppy drives before it. DVD writers can store over up to 4 GB of information in one data layer and drive prices have continued to fall since the beginning of the year.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- DOOM 3 high-end graphics comparo @ Tech Report
- FIC Condor SFF System @ DesignTechnica
- X-Micro EVA MP3 Player @ CoolTechZone
- Dell Dimension XPS Notebook @ Trusted Reviews
- Aspire AS500W 12V ATX Power-Supply @ TechFreaks
- Opus Technologies TT-501 Titanium Tiny Case @ NewsTechInfo
- nForce3-250: Which Boards Have On-Chip LAN? @ Anandtech