- ASUS and Gigabyte - The clash continues!
As some of you may or may not have seen in a recent news posting, I mentioned Gigabyte's claims that ASUS are 'cheating' with their new line of 915P and 925X mainboards in terms of 3D graphics benchmarking results. If you missed the news on this, you can still read it 6 posts down. ASUS have made an indirect response to the claims in the form of a press release today, only glorifying their Peg Link Mode 'feature' followed by several other tweaks and refinements they highlight as being exclusive to their range of Grantsdale boards. You can read the full details on ASUS's response here.
To make things even more interesting, the heat turns right up when Gigabyte respond once again by handing out an official announcement far and wide exposing this 'feature' for what they believe to be "misleading and unfair" to both competitors alike and the general public. Oooooh, FIGHT'S ON!!!
This non-standard BIOS setting on the ASUS P5AD2 Premium, and its consequential clandestine overclocking of the attached graphics card's memory and core-engine frequency, and coupled with the fact that this special setting was not first revealed to the public or media review publications, is misleading to the public, seeks an unfair means to gain an advantage over the competition, and frankly sets a bad example which competitors may be forced to follow.
For the benefit of all consumers, and in the spirit of fair competition, we urge all motherboard manufactures to adhere to common professional standards of providing full disclosure of and special system settings or modifications to the public, media, or review publications so that the consumer can make an educated purchase before their e open public information to all media.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Smart Drive 2002 Silent & Cool HDD Enclosure @ System Cooling
- Logisys Armor Gaming Case @ Big Bruin
- Sony Clie PEG-UX50 PDA @ DesignTechnica
- Albatron GeForce PCX 5750 @ VR-Zone
- Crucial PC-4200 DDR2-533 @ Buddha's LAN Room
- Logitech Z-5300 Speakers @ Sudhian
- 5000th Forum Member Kingston PC4300 Giveaway @ GideonTech
- Sapphire Toxic X800 Pro @ Hot Hardware
- Power Supply Unit: Architecture Explained @ CoolTechZone
- HEC Power OP 475 PSU @ AMDZone
- What's In My Laptop Bag: The Mobile Techie's Survival Guide @ The TechZone
- DOOM 3 Giveaway - Round 2 @ OverclockingHQ
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.