- LG Flatron L1810B LCD Monitor
If you're looking to go all out on your next LCD purchase or you're coming from a 21"+ CRT and dont want to lose much in viewable size, Hexus have checked out a beauty from LG as part of their Flatron range of LCD's. Their L1810B gives you 18.1" to work with and certainly looks the part physically too. Now, if only the response time on these larger LCD's was improved along with a maximum res of 1600x1200, then it'd be one very swish future proof upgrade.
My focus with the LG? To see if the jump in screen size from 17" on the Hercules to 18.1" on the LG would provide any tangible benefits or downsides. Basically, is 1.1" worth nearly £150? Both share the same native resolution and similar operating specifications, so a comparison would be easy to make, despite not having the Hercules on hand for a side by side comparison. I was also keen to see if DVI connection quality was a fallacy. A huge admirer of the analogue quality I was able to obtain with the Hercules, I'm a sceptic when it comes to DVI. While I can understand the benefits on paper, in the real world I wasn't so sure. Tarinder swears blind it's a reality, I was keen to see if his assertions could be vindicated.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- 512MB OCZ Premiere PC3200 Memory @ Tech Freaks
- Mephisto CH05 Touch Screen Travel Chess Computer @ FutureLooks
- Vantec 8-in-1 Card Reader / USB Hub @ ExtensionTech
- Doom3 Giveaway! @ OverclockingHQ
- Gigabyte K8NSNXP-939 nForce3 Ultra Motherboard @ A1-Electronics
- Plextor PX-712SA Serial ATA 12x DVD Burner @ ClubOC
- Sony SDM-HS73P TFT Monitor @ Trusted Reviews
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.