- Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro Toxic Edition
Up until very recently, the latest-gen X800 series of cards to have been distributed from mainstream manufacturers were all in the same bland reference format ATI whipped up, this applies mostly to the stock cooling design seen across the board. Sapphire are helping to spice up the offerings out there (along with HIS and their IceQ2 edition cards), now producing a TOXIC line based around the X800 series with an implementation of the latest-gen Arctic VGA silencer and looks to be much more effective than the stock cooling design. VR-Zone have gotten their hands on the X800 Pro variant of Sapphire's TOXIC lineup today.
It's been two and a half months since E3 and we finally have a retail version of the Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro Toxic Edition in house for testing. From what we've told you, it's safe to say that the Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro Toxic Edition is not your standard Radeon X800 Pro graphics card. But do all these features translate into better performance and overall value? Let's take a closer look...
- NVIDIA Graphics Chips Proclaimed Best for Doom 3
I was a little hesitant to bring this to your attention for reasons i'd rather not go into, other than to say I smell an old fish lurking somewhere. Nonetheless, it's news and it's from one of the big guns so here you go.
nVidia have today jumped at the opportunity to press release HardOCP's 'apparent' proven results when recently benchmarking the latest gen cards from both ATI and nVidia, using a final build of Doom3 at the ID lab. These results indicate that even nVidia's mid-range versions of their latest generation cards are leaps and bounds ahead of ATI's flagship x800 xt. MMMmm.
More within the full PR over at nVidia's press room.
SANTA CLARA, CA-JULY 26, 2004-NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA), the worldwide leader in visual processing solutions, today announced that independent third-party testing confirms that the NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6800 Ultra and the GeForce 6800 GT graphics processing units (GPUs) deliver faster performance than comparable competitive offerings in Doom 3™, regarded as one of the most highly-anticipated PC games in history. The testing reveals that the NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra GPU offers the best performance in the upcoming Doom 3 title, with GeForce 6800 GT running a close second, outperforming the high-end graphics chip offered from the leading competitor that costs approximately $100 more. In the testing, the NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra beat the comparable competitive offering by up to 40%. The GeForce 6800 GT performed up to 70% better than the competitor's comparable offering .
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- OCZ PC3500 EB Platinum @ Ben's Custom Cases
- Samsung 192MP 19" Multipurpose Monitor @ Ben's Custom Cases
- Apple iPod Mini 4GB @ DesignTechnica
- R-Type Waterblock @ Pro Cooling
- Konica Minolta Magicolor 2300W Color Laser Printer @ FutureLooks
- HIS Excalibur Radeon X800 PRO IceQ2 VIVO Limited Edition @ TweakNews
- How To Recycle Your Cell Phone @ The TechZone
- FoxConn Heat Guzzler Giveaway @ Overclocking HQ
- Corsair PC3200XL Pro Memory @ CoolTechZone
- Summer Heatsink Contest Giveaway @ InsaneTek
- Antec Super LANBOY Case @ XYZ Computing