- Australia to host World's largest Games Event - World Cyber Games 2004
The World Cyber Games, a yearly gaming tournament which takes place in a fashion not unlike the official olympics is closing in once again for 2004. Info from Australian shores lets us know of the various gaming titles to be played in this year's event (disclosed from the World Cyber Games Committee in Korea), as well as dated proceedings which begin with a series of elimination rounds throughout August, following on to an aussie finals confrontation which is to be held at Sydney's own Luna Park venue on September 18 and 19, and finally taking those who conquer for a trip to San Francisco to fight their way through the WCG 2004 World Finals. Full details in the supporting press release folks.
"Last year's WCG Australian Finals were held at Sydney's Darling Harbour Convention Centre and attracted over 1000 spectators. This year we aim to make it even bigger, better and available to gamers of all ages" said Russell Hanna from Network & Event Media, WCG Strategic Partner for Australia. "The message we want to reach the Australian public is that WCG is the "Olympics" for Gamers and like the Olympics we strive to promote the unity and pride to represent ones country at the World Cyber Games World Finals in San Francisco, October 6-10, 2004."
- XGI Releases Latest ReactorT Driver & Compatible Games List
This PR also just in from XGI to help start a fresh week. They announce today their latest ReactorT software driver (v1.05) to drive their Volari family of graphics cards. You can download the new driver set over here. They've also published a complete list of over 300 compatible gaming titles, all tested with a volari series GPU using the most recent driver version. More details can be obtained within XGI's official PR here.
Taipei-July 19, 2004- XGI Technology Inc, an innovative graphics chipsets supplier, today released its latest Reactor V 1.05 driver and published a list of Compatible games for Volari family on the website.
Reactor V 1.05 driver supports Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 and OpenGL 1.5 across all XGI Volari GPUs including Volari Duo, Volari V8/V8 Ultra and Volari V5.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Cooler Master Real Power 450W PSU @ VR-Zone
- Xtrac Mad Wax @ Mod-Guidez
- Kingston HyperX PC4300 Memory @ ViperLair
- PCI Express Primer: What it means for the end user @ D-Silence
- Nvidia's Geforce 6800 128MB @ Hard Avenue
- PMI 512MB PC3200 Dual Channel kit @ OC Modshop
- Frost-Byte H2O Case and H2O Cooling System @ Gruntville
- Samsung SyncMaster 192MP Multipurpose Perfection? @ BensCustomCases
- Kingwin External Drive Enclosures @ ClubOC
- Swiftech MCX6400-V Heatsink @ ClubOC