- DooM III - GOLD !!!
Yes peeps, it's one very exciting day for the many avid gamers out there. One of the most highly anticipated game titles to have been awaited upon during it's production over the past 5(ish?) years has finally gone GOLD today. I can't wait to get my mits on what looks to be the most polished and fine tuned first person shooter to date, the title which shall inevitably revolutionize the gaming industry in all it's awe (with the arguable exception of Half Life 2, but that's not released yet so speculative comments don't count!). The CEO of ID3 Software (Todd Hollenshead) made the announcement only a short time ago of which you can read in full detail over at ShackNews, ID3's official press release can also be read here.
The very very lucky folks from PC Gamer magazine are the first to have already completed an exclusive review on the game and it will be included within their september issue, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled open for it at your local news stand!
In the meantime, so you can determine if a hardware upgrade is in need for a pleasant gaming experience with this monster of a title, check out an extract from PC Gamer's review of which a "get_loud" over at the FutureMark forums was kind enough to post up.
Finally, here's some more recent screenies for you to feast your eyes on, reminding you of the goodness you're soon in for. Mmmmm oh so sweet.
Remember the old blockbuster Doom II? (How could one forget?!), Here's how far we've come over the years ;) - Quite amazing really.
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.
Do you get our news RSS feed? Get It!
Latest Tech News Posts
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says he is 'proud to be gay' in published essay
- CurrentC, rival to Apple Pay mobile payment system, suffers breach
- FAA makes flying drones near sports stadiums a punishable crime
- Comcast settles overcharging lawsuit, will fork over $50 million
- 'State sponsored' Russian hacker group is attacking geographic rivals
- Open driver handle failed
- SanDisk Ultra II 480GB SSD Review
- 140W-processor not listed in CPU-supportlist-Asrock alive-dual-esata2
- LaCie D2 Thunderbolt 2 128GB SSD Storage Upgrade Kit Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX OC Video Card Review
- ASRock Unveils the X99 Extreme11 Motherboard
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces the G751 Gaming Laptop
- Turtle Beach XO ONE Gaming Headset Now Available in Stores
- Eurocom Launches M5 Pro Ultra HD Notebook
- Shuttle Announces High-resolution Triple-display Slim PC