- Pixel Shader 3.0 showcased in FarCry 1.2 Patch
Everyone today is talking about UBISoft's upcoming 1.2 patch for their rather outstanding game title "Far Cry", apparently due in just a few days. What makes the patch so special is that it will introduce a new rendering path based on Shader Model 3.0 (Vertex and Pixel Shader 3.0) technology, this feature currently only supported by nVidia's new 6800 series of graphics cards. The patch is also apparently said to bring a significant performance boost for nVidia cards due to the new optimizations as well, making way for another round of benchmarks to take place far and wide. Several sites out there have been very eager to get their hands on the results. You can check them out from the various links below.
Next week (we are hearing July 5th), Ubisoft will release their second patch to CryTek's FarCry. This is the game that shows off the beautiful CryEngine renderer that CryTek has put together. The images and scenery is truly beautiful, and with the new patch comes a much needed update to run speed (~15%) and run duration (~30%). These new features make the game an even more enjoyable experience.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Altec Lansing VS4121 2.1 Computer Speaker System @ TweakNews
- VIA EPIA TC10000 mini ITX motherboard @ Trusted Reviews
- Kingston Elite Pro Compact Flash 1GB @ Envynews
- Nvidia two card system shatters 20000 3dmarks03 @ The Inquirer
- Dothan / Prescott SPECint Performance Compared @ Aces Hardware
- ATI Radeon x800 XT PE @ ATI-News (Translated)
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.