- ABIT - AG8 and AA8 Overclocking
A fresh PR from ABIT came in earlier today in which they announce that their new AA8-DuraMAX and AG8 motherboards based upon Intel's 925X and 915P chipsets don't carry the same overclocking traits as other new-gen 915/925 based boards, this being due to their unique µGuru technology which takes control over the power-on sequence of the board and also the programming of the Clock Generator, effectively over-riding Intel's "OC Lock" reference design. What this provides in the end is a much more stable and higher overclock, ABIT reporting reachable FSB's of up to 275mhz, although i'm sure some of the crazy lads out there will achieve even better results. Very good news for the many overclockers wanting the most from their new 915P/925X based rig. More details within ABIT's supporting PR of which you can grab here.
July 1, 2004 - ABIT motherboards have always been designed with the hardcore overclocker in mind. Regardless of what other companies are doing, ABIT Engineering ensures that ABIT boards overclock higher than the competition. This tradition continues with the ABIT AG8 and AA8-DuraMAX based on the Intel 915 and 925X chipsets.
With overclocking through µGuru, ABIT users should be able to push their FSB up to around the 275 mark. This is accomplished through a special setting in µGuru, which allows users to bypass the overclocking lock on the Intel 915 and 925X chipsets.
- GeIL Ultra X Series DDR Announced
This press release also just in from GeIL. They introduce today a new series of memory modules dubbed the "Ultra-X" series, coming in at speeds of PC3200 and PC4000 with respective timings of 2-5-2-2 and 2.5-7-3-3. Very sweet indeed, particularly those PC-4000 timings which now make them the fastest latencies of any PC-4000 rated memory offered on the market to date. Further details in GeIL's supporting PR below.
Being a global leader in the DDR memory manufacturers, GeIL always has new advanced products to be launched. GeIL will be proudly introducing its newest member among Ultra family, the Ultra-X Series. Extreme gamers and enthusiasts are expected celebrate with this latest release from GeIL.
This all in one product supports CAS 2 5-2-2 at PC3200 400MHz DDR and CAS 2.5 7-3-3 at PC4000 500MHz DDR. The Ultra-X achieves the most aggressive timing possible on the DDR memory ever! Moreover, random sample testing in GeIL labs shows these sticks are also capable of running with CAS 2.5 7-3-3 at least PC4000 500MHz! These latencies are significantly faster than all existing modules in the DDR memory market.
The Ultra-X series has been tested on multiple AMD and Intel platforms. With the GeIL optimized SPD timing, Ultra-X is the fastest DDR400 and DDR500 memory available in the market today.
· Available in 512MB and 1GB Dual Channel Kit
· PC3200 400MHz CAS 2 5-2-2
· PC4000 500MHz CAS 2.5 7-3-3
· GeIL Ultra-X TSOP 32x8 DDR Chips
· 184pin, Non-ECC, Un-buffered DDR DIMM
· Platinum Copper Heatspreader
· 6 Layers Ultra Low Noises Shielded PCB with Gold 30u" Plating
· Temperature thermometers
· Retail package
· Life time replacement warranty
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Battle of the 2.4 GHz Hammers @ Game PC
- Athlon64 3800+ @ Lost Circuits
- Shure E3c earphones @ Ex Hardware
- Sharkoon Gamer Headset GHS1 @ Madshrimps
- Sony to Dethrone Apple's iPod? @ Overclockers Club
- LG GSA-4120B Triple Format DVD Burner @ Extreme MHZ
- Western Digital's Raptors in RAID-0 @ Anandtech
- PlexWriter PX-712UF DVD Burner @ BIOS Magazine UK
- Modder Of The Month July 2004 @ Creative Mods
- Cooler Master Announce New "Real Power" PSU Range @ Cooler Master