- Highend CPU's vs High End Graphics cards
The boys from Guru3D have compiled a fresh article today which takes a look at ATI and nVidia's latest-gen graphics cards when paired up with "mid-range" to "high-end" cpu's, basically providing a CPU scaling comparison. The tests help prove that there is a LOT of headroom on all of these new cards, showing us significant cpu limitation on processors even as fast as a 2.8GHz P4. Using an Athlon64 3800+ platform however, tells a completely different story. Well worth a read for potential new high-end video card buyers.
So here's the thing, our recent reviews where showing a lot of CPU limitation on cards like Radeon x800 Pro and XT, GeForce 6800 GT and Ultra. What I noticed was simple, a lot of scores where close together or even equal. That's usually a strong indication that the GPU can't go any faster as it's awaiting data from the CPU, the processor. Our recent GeForce 6800 GT review for example showed that the GT and the Ultra are extremely close together when it came to the end-result which made me believe that the Ultra was not working at it's maximum capability.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Chenbro Gaming Bomb Case @ PC Unleash
- ViewSonic VP2290b TDT Screen @ Trusted Reviews
- Case modding equipment @ OC Prices
- Corsair TwinX1024-3200XLPRO RAM @ System Cooling
- Point of View NVTV @ Hexus