- Updated: Intel launches Nocona, NVIDIA Unveils SLI
Due out today we have some hot news from the nVidia big guns regarding their new "dual" PCI-Express technology, dubbed SLI (short for Scan-Line Interleave) but is capable of bringing much more than what the actual SLI term offers. Check out nVidia's official press release here. You'll notice we've posted up our own coverage on whats to be expected from this exciting new technology today as well. The NDA hasn't quite expired just yet but sites around the globe are undoubtedly preparing to unleash plenty of reviews and articles once it does. In the meantime, you'll be glad to know (aside from ourselves) that Sudhian have posted up coverage explaining more about it in their latest article.
Not only this, but they also touch on another big launch due to hit today, Intel's successor to the Prestonia Xeon core, Nocona, bringing 64-bit Intel platforms within reach. You can take a look at Intel's official press release here. Be sure to head over to Sudhian and read all their combined coverage on the latest whizz-bang technology.
With the horde of articles and reviews just around the corner, i'll be sure to update this round accordingly with a collated list for you all folks.
- Update: SLI Related Links
We've been hearing tidbits and teasers from Alienware for weeks about NVIDIA's new dual PCI-Express technology; today we finally get to take a look at what's behind it.
Although NVIDIA is calling it SLI (originally short for Scan-Line Interleave), that display mode is only one of the various methods this new solution can use. Time for a bit of history on graphics, and why this launch is both new and old.
- IWILL launch Intel E7525 platform
This press release just in from IWILL, they've brought to our attention two new motherboards sporting Intel's EM64T ready E7525 dual Xeon chipset. Support for all the latest technology obviously resides on both boards, such as PCI Express and DDR2, along with a whole stack more. For further info, you can obtain IWILL's press releases on the "DJ800" E-ATX board here, and the "DN800" ATX board here.
IWILL, one of the leading workstation / server boards manufacturers since 1989 is pleased to announce the innovative Intel EM64T ready ATX form factor workstation boards which meet the next generation of advanced technology for 3D animation / modeling, digital content creation (DCC), mechanical CAD / CAM, non-linear video editing / streaming with FSB800MHz Dual Intel Xeon processors supported workstation boards---IWILL DN800.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Razer Viper Optical Gaming Mouse @ IP Konfig
- Swissbit SwissMemory USB Victorinox @ Modtown
- Thermaltake Pipe101 Heatsink @ Project-Rhino
- Quadro FX Comparison @ CG Networks
- eVGA e-GeForce 5700 Ultra w/NVIDIA Personal Cinema @ NVNews
- Voodoo Envy M:860 Gaming Notebook @ Trusted Reviews
- VIA EPIA MII10000 Mini-ITX Motherboard @ Tweak News
- 3RSystem Poseidon WCL-03 CPU Water Cooler @ Big Bruin
- NB Cool Swing @ Exclaim (Translated)
- Silverstone SST-TJ03 aluminium case @ Planet3DNow (Translated)