- Socket 940 vs. 939
Looking to go Athlon64 soon but finding it's awfully confusing trying to work out which CPU is best suited to your needs / budget? Short-Media's latest article should be able to help give you a clearer perspective across the range, also explaining the subtle differences between several of the chips including the S939 and S940 FX-53.
AMD have been launching assault after assault intent on battering the competition into 64-bit submission. The introduction of the 939-pin processor has been eagerly anticipated by some and left others with questions. Many have gotten caught up in the drag strip of benchmarks and overlooked the new features this latest introduction brings. Socket 939 does bring support for unbuffered memory but does this mean the death of Socket 940? Cool'n'Quiet has received a cool reception but it's a gem waiting to be polished. Socket 940 versus Socket 939. Which is the winning combination for you?
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Galaxy GeForce Fx 5700 LE @ Beyond 3D
- VIA EPIA MII 12000 Mainboard @ Viper Lair
- BenQ Joybook 6000 Laptop @ Hardware Zone
- Shuttle AN51R nForce3-250 Motherboard @ TBreak
- "nu" Technology Inc DDW-082 Dual DVD+/- RW @ Tech Mods
- Chieftec CX 04 Case @ Casemods
- Logitech MX510 Performance Optical Mouse @ Twinsbyte (Translated)
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.