- SFF Packed Like A Sardine Tin!
Imagine this all laid out seperately on a table. An all copper radiator & complete watercooling kit, 4 3.5" hard drives totalling 640GB, a CD-RW drive, a 9800XT, and various other necessary system components such as memory and cpu. Now plonk a Shuttle SN45G SFF beside the pile of loot and convince yourself it'll ALL fit....... errr, impossible right?
Also, ever wanted to see a PC fit into the shell of a standalone DVD player? You can over at ExtentionTech today.
The initial idea for this mod started to form earlier this year while I was at a friend's LAN party. After drinking plenty of Bawls and playing games all night, we talked a little bit about mods (my Lian-Li is lightly modded, but everyone else's cases were stock). I briefly brought up the idea of a music server PC in a stereo or VCR, but it was more a passing thought at the time. A few days later, however, I put some more thought to the idea, and noticed all of the expensive HTPC cases that were starting to float around. Most of these cases attempted to fit into the general home theater look so that the HTPC wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb. "What could fit more into an entertainment setup," I said to myself, "than a regular DVD player?" Following the mantra of stealth but cool, the DVD Player Mod was born.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo sold 2.74 million Switch systems in first month
- Nintendo profits increase by 521%
- Tekken 7's boxing kangaroo nixed due to animal activists
- GeForce GT 1030 to cost $80, will compete against RX 550
- 'Kingsman' sequel releases first explosive trailer
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives