- A look at SiS's desktop chipset roadmap
The Tech Report have an article up today which puts the spotlight onto SIS with regard to their future motherboard chipsets for Intel and AMD platforms. Now that Intel have released chipsets supporting LGA775 processors and DDR2, PCI Express, High Definition Audio etc. SIS need to cover ground and stay with the pace. How do they plan to bring the goods? read on and find out.
SIS'S CORE LOGIC chipsets don't garner as much attention as offerings from Intel, NVIDIA, and VIA, and that's really a shame. Enthusiasts tend to view SiS as a low-end player, and given the company's strong presence in budget motherboards, it's easy to see why. However, few enthusiasts are aware that SiS also makes high-end chipsets that perform well enough to run with the fastest core logic offerings from Intel, NVIDIA, and VIA.
Today we have a sneak peek into SiS's future desktop chipsets covering north and south bridge roadmaps for AMD and Intel platforms. How will SiS bring PCI Express, DDR2, Gigabit Ethernet, and High Definition Audio to the Athlon 64 and Pentium 4? Read on to find out.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- XFX GeForce 6800 Ultra @ Hexus
- Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo A1630 Athlon 64 Notebook @ Trusted Reviews
- First USB OTG Hard Drive Debuts @ Everything USB
- H.D.D. Bicolour Activity Indicator @ GideonTech
- Ultra Products 2x512 MB PC3200 Dual Channel Kit @ Overclockers Online
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.